Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer thus far

Summer is basically half way over..

I'm not really sure how I feel about that statement. It's been so wonderful to have all this time with my sweet baby girl! She is such a blessing and I am enjoying every single minute with her! She is the sweetest happiest baby and I just love and adore her!

We haven't done a whole lot this summer... which really is kind of what you are suppose to do over summer right? I had/have lots of aspirations to get stuff done around my house, but it's proven to be a challenge with taking care of Raegan and trying to do everything else. It's not that I can't do both, I would just rather be on the floor playing with Raegan or napping when she does...haha!

We have hung out with lots of friends, have had some lunch dates and play dates, took Raegan to the zoo for the first time, went to Virginia for a weekend to visit my family, and went to Myrtle Beach for the 4th of July and took RG on the beach for the FIRST time. I'm trying to focus on the little things. To me relationships are important. The people in my life brighten my world, and the love they have for my family always makes me smile. To me my friends are my family, and even if I don't get to see them as often as I would like I am glad Raegan has this love in her life. After all, everyone adores babies, especially Raegan Grace! :)

I did get my organizational board made, and came up with some plans for getting stuff done around here, but that's about all... I just pass by my board and think oh man...I need to get on that... then I will hear Raegan laughing and playing, and I'm like oh let me see what sweet girl is doing, and off I go into Raegan land soaking up her every move.

Do I feel guilty I'm not really getting my house organized? NOPE! Not at all... the house is clean, it's not in a OCD kind of way organized that I want to remove all the clutter, but it certainly is presentable and functional. My baby is happy, my husband is happy, and I am happy..that's all that really matters isn't it? Of course it is!

I feel better with my lists, I know the planning part is done so if I ever get a free moment then all I have to do is pick something on my list to do...at least I won't be stressing over that part..it's all written... the hardest part is over! ha!

I haven't worked on a single thing for school yet. Honestly, school has been the furthest thing from my mind... Every summer before Raegan I use to dream up new activities to make and prepare for next school year. This summer, pinterest is about the closest thing I have done as far as preparing anything...haha! I know I need to do some things... but dang Raegan is way more fun then work, duh!

We have planned a mini vacation to go to Litchfield in the beginning of August. I am very excited about taking Raegan on her FIRST family vacation! I hope this is a tradition we will carry on for years to come!

I really have lots more I want to do over summer: would love to invest in a sewing machine (I am waiting though to buy one, till I am sure I can commit), love to get some stuff organized around here, figure out a work out plan, meal plan better, etc and work on some school stuff but we shall see...I'm just taking it one day at a time.

Currently, while Raegan is napping I have been productive TODAY! I paid a few bills, worked on some laundry, made a grocery lists so we can go to the store when RG wakes up, and right now just taking a little me moment by writing on my blog. I can be productive, today is just one of my greater Proverbs 31 days! haha!

Well, for now I guess I'm out of here, going to go fold some clothes (maybe put them away) before Raegan wakes up! Going to eat some lunch with Raegan (which she's eating big girl food now: table food) and then hit Hobby Lobby to buy some stuff to make her a Cow Appreciation outfit for next Friday, and then head to the grocery store. See I can be productive...till next time friends! :) Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment