Friday, July 20, 2012

Don't call me crazy parent

Okay sooo for the last two weeks every time RG has to go #2 she crawls under the kitchen table and does her business...

Well the other day Skyping with Granny she said why don't you start potty training her and I was like ohhh no she's too young...

Well a few days later on pinterest I came across this article

http://domanmom.com/2012/07/things-you-can-do-with-your-baby-to-make-it-easier-to-potty-train-later/

(sorry if it doesn't link just copy and paste the article, I posted this from my phone not computer)

But anyway I was thinking WHY not buy a potty and have her sit on it from time to time... Why not when I know she's going potty tell her what she's doing and try sitting her on the potty... Is it going to hurt anything??? NOOo!!

I plan to keep her potty in our bathroom and when we go in there just say our potty, Raegan's potty. When she crawls under the table like she has been doing the last few weeks I plan to tell her what's she doing and place her on her potty ... Am I going to take her diaper off??? No... I'm just going to teach her where to go... Do I think this article is going to work and make it easier in a year or so when we do officially potty train? I hope so but my fingers aren't crossed! Lol!

So no I'm not potty training Raegan this early... Not doing anything other then exposing her to the potty and teaching her vocabulary so that as she gets older she may be successful when we do try potty training...

It's just practice what can it possibly hurt? :)

Enjoy these pictures of Raegan on her new potty I think she likes it! Lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment