Thursday, July 26, 2012

My big girl

Sooo it's a WIO (Wait it out) kind of night. Just before midnight I hear you crying... I try to wait it out (not to confuse this for the real wio method) for a few mins to see if you will fall back asleep but no not tonight.

So I come in here to get you and you settle right down as soon as I pick you up. I nurse you for a while and rock you in the glider. Your eyes are still wide awake but you find comfort in me holding you. And I smile knowing I am blessed to have you as my sweet blessing!

Because its cold in here I keep trying to wrap Grandma's quilt around us both (me more than you) but you kept pushing it away. You never have liked blankets very much. Maybe one day that will change but for now you seem nice and snug in your pjs! Don't worry mommy froze for you so you would be comfortable and I was okay with it I will wait it out! :)

But as I'm rocking you, you seem so BIG!!! Your legs hang over me now. Your head lays heavy against me. It's bittersweet. You're growing up so fast but I couldn't be prouder but at the same time I miss that little baby girl!

Just the other day you started walking! I couldn't believe it! 9 months (almost 10 months) old and walking to me! Crazy but sooo very exciting! Little Miss Independent! You are still wobbly and I imagine you will be for a good while! It's so cute to watch you with your hands out balancing your way around the house. You still crawl a good bit but you are definitely getting braver by the minute!

You truly are growing up fast! You have been wearing (well technically squeezing) in your 9 month pjs for weeks now so tonight I decided to try you in the 12 months pjs (I hadn't because they looked too big to fit you) and they fit! Ohhh girly, obviously mommy was in denial! Ha! They looked sooo long and I was like no way they will fit you. Daddy said the same thing when I showed him but girl were we wrong! Ohh sweet girl! Getting big on mommy! Babies sure do grow fast! I feel like I just had you! And now you are rounding the 10 month mark in just a few days!

We are still rocking by the way... Now after 1 am... Haha!!

But I probably didn't help matters I changed your diaper. But I worry because that rash came back and well I want you to be dry so it will heal. But while changing you you let me without fighting me and when I kissed your little belly you laughed out loud. So of course I did it again so I could hear your sweet laugh and you just smiled ear to ear. Sooo very sweet!

When we went back to the glider to rock you wanted down. In which you found the turner for the blinds (it fell off the other day when you made it haha) but now you are holding it in your hands while I nurse and rock you and I
write this post. Your such a silly girl!

I do hope you fall asleep again soon! Mommy is fine right now (well other than being cold and wanting that blanket on me! Not to self: grab a long sleeve shirt next time)! Just going to finish taking you in an enjoying the moment! Giving you exactly whatever it is that Raegan wants, which seems to just be mommy hold you time! Lucky me!!!

I love you my beautiful sweet blessing! All the way to the moon and back forever and always!!!
Xoxox!

Love your very blessed mommy!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you kind of use this blog as letters to her sometimes, I know it will take many years but I know one day she'll see these and understand her mother's amazing and unfaltering love for her. She is the most precious little girl I've ever met:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! I actually bought a book to write her letters in... But it's sooo much easier to write on the blog... I imagine one day I'll have to resort back to the book because she will be too embarrassed to have it posted on The Internet lol!!

      Delete