Sunday, May 29, 2011

Our 4th doctor's appointment!

Okay, so I know I just posted in my previous blog about our last doctor's appointment but I wanted to add some more details about the actually doctor's visit and what the doctor said and everything!

Because it was our 20 week appoinment we were so excited to find out if Baby Smallwood was a boy or girl! The anticipation was so exciting!

The ultrasound tech took lots of pictures and measurements of the baby and kept saying "Awww, look at him sucking his thumb" "awww, look at how his feet are cross!" etc. So the whole time I am laying there I am thinking to myself this baby must be a boy if she keeps saying that. So towards the end she was trying to determine the gender and the baby just would not turn so she could see. But I am still thinking she must know it's a boy because she wouldn't stop saying "HE!". After about 20 minutes or so she had me turn on my side and about 5 minutes later she asked us if we wanted to know the gender and we both said "YES!!!" She said "Its a...... GIRL!" Drew and I both looked at each other and smiled from ear to ear! And then I turned back to the tech and said "are you sure?" She was like "YES, 99% sure!" I was like "okay, I wasn't sure because during the whole ultrasound you kept saying "he"!" She apologized and said she never knows what to call the baby before the gender is revealed! I just had to laugh! Oh and to add to this Drew was tearing up. It was so cute and sweet! Baby Girl already has daddy wrapped around her finger!

She gave us a bunch of printouts of pictures of the baby and a DVD! It was so fun watching the DVD later at home! The DVD showed the baby moving and you could hear the heartbeat and everything! Basically everything we saw at the ultrasound!

We then had to wait to go see our dr. When she saw us and looked at all the photos the tech took she said "the baby looks perfect and everything is going well. Just like a texbook case!" That made me happy! She even said my placenta looked beautiful. Which honestly creeped me out a little bit, but that's the best thing a gyno dr can tell you right? LOL!

She asked me if I had felt the baby move yet. I said no! :( She said she was not concerned that some don't feel the first movement till 22 weeks! So I am waiting. She also said my placenta was in the front which is thickening that area and making it harder for me to feel. Not that I know where a placenta is normally located, but okay! :)

Hehe! But she said everything looked great and she was very pleased with our pregnancy and sent us on our way to go enjoy the news of being pregnant with a Baby GIRL! :)

Here are a couple pictures that I had posted on Facebook. I don't want to post any that "show" my baby girl! After all she did have her legs crossed most of the time! She is already so proper and I love her being modest! :)

RAEGAN GRACE at 20 weeks sucking her thumb (May 26th 2011)


20 weeks pregnant May 26th

Raegan Grace 20 weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment