Sunday, May 29, 2011

Baby Gender Reveal Party

The day we had been anticipating was finally here (Thursday May 26th: Our 20 week Doctor's appointment)! We were so excited to go the doctor's office to find out if Baby Smallwood was a Baby Girl or Baby Boy. When we finally got to go back for our ultrasound we were so excited!


Here's a picture of Drew and I before we got to go back and see the tech.

Drew and I waiting to get called at for our ultrasound at the drs office!


The tech took lots of pictures and measurements of the Baby. She kept pushing on my tummy to get the Baby to move so she could see if it was a boy or girl, but the Baby just would not move. I was about to start crying because I was scared we were going to leave the doctor's office without knowing if it was a boy or girl. Finally, the tech had me turn on my side. After about 5 minutues the tech asked us if we wanted to know if it was a boy or girl and we said "YES!!!" She said "It's a _____" We were so excited!


After we left the doctor's office we went to Build a Bear to make a bear for our little one. And we went to Party City to get balloons!


We then came home and finished decorating our house for our reveal party!


Here are some pictures of the decorations!


The banner I made! :)

All the goodies! And my decor of paper laterns! :)

the favor bags I made (pic below of what's inside them)

more paper laterns decor


Soon everyone started arriving and we had our special get together!


I had a voting station too so everyone could vote BOY or GIRL!
Here is a picture of our voting station...

vote BOY or GIRL

We also took pictures for TEAM BLUE and TEAM PINK of everyone's guesses!

TEAM BLUE!
TEAM PINK!

We also took many other pics of all the lovely people who came to share in this precious memory with us.


Katie Beth and Tracy!~
Cindy and me!

Hot Pot! :) Katie, me, Lisa (aka "Mom"), Brittany, and Emily ("aka "lil sis")

Tracy, me, and Katie Beth!

The boys! Ian, Patrick, Brendon, and Drew

Windsor Family (my kindergarten team) Cindy, Angela, Fran, and me!

Angela and Kayla

Angela, me, and Kayla!

all the girls!

all my pregnant friends! Kayla, me, Laura, and ReNee!

After we ate dinner we investigated some Old Wives Tales...


Here are the results!!!

The key test!

Carrying high or low test!

Ring Test!


Leg Test

It was a tie! 6 boy checks and 6 girl checks!


After we investigated the Wives Tales it was time for the reveal.


While everyone was at the party, my friend ReNee took everyone in the baby's nursery to video tape if they thought boy or girl. She then video taped the actually reveal too. And she put it all together to get...this spectaular video. I posted it on Facebook for all my friends to see if Baby Smallwood was a BOY or GIRL! YAY!!! 

Watch video below!




If you watched the video all the way through you would know that IT'S A GIRL! We had a giant box full of balloons, so when we opened the box out popped PINK Balloons! In the bottom of the box was the Build a Bear bear we had made for her. We named her bear Carolina Grace and on the birth certificate it says belongs to Raegan Grace!

About to open the reveal box!

and out popped...
PINK balloons!!!
It's a GIRL!!!



Proud parents!

This bear belongs to Raegan Grace!!!

isn't it adorable?

So if you didn't catch it in our video, we named our baby girl
RAEGAN GRACE!!!

Here is a picture of what was inside the favor boxes you saw earlier too! :)

From Baby Girl: Raegan Grace!

We are so excited!

It was also ReNee's birthday...sooo....
A birthday is not complete without blowing out candles on at least a cupcake! :)
yay! Happy Birthday ReNee! And thanks for making our AWESOME gender reveal video!


Thanks to all who came out to share in this Baby Gender Reveal with us! We had such an AMAZING time! The Smallwood's are so loved and Baby Girl Raegan Grace is so blessed! Thank you God for these special memories with the ones so dear in our hearts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment