Thursday, December 23, 2010

God Smiling on Sonic Employees

Today was a GREAT day!


I don't know if many of you know or have been following me on Facebook, but last Sunday December 12th there was a fire at Sonic (my husband's job). The fire caused a lot of damage in the kitchen and they were closed down. The original goal was to open on the 17th, which that turned into the 20th, and then that turned into January 3rd. The pressure was building, and everyone was stressed out, especially my husband. The employees were stressed because they didn't know when they were going to get a paycheck again.


So I started thinking to myself and praying to God asking him what I could do to help everyone. I sent an email out to the school that I teach at (WINDSOR ELEMENTARY) and the church we attend (SHANDON BAPTIST) and told our story. I asked for donations to help these hardworking employees through the Holiday season. I wasn't sure what type of response I would get, but boy oh boy was I surprised at the amount of money we raised. We raised $3,000! It was AMAZING! I couldn't believe it!


So I hand wrote Christmas cards with a special message inside for each employee. I also took money envelopes and decorated it with sayings like "PROOF THAT GOD LOVES YOU" and also included one of my favorite bible verses:


Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.




My dear friends, The Sharpes wanted to help too. With the help of Katie and her friend Ashley, they baked 17 containers of cookies and goodies for us to hand out with the Christmas cards.


So we asked everyone to meet at Sonic tonight for a meeting at 5pm. We didn't tell them why we just asked them to meet us.


Earlier today, Drew and I went to Sumter (another post coming soon) and while we were their Paul (Drew's boss) calls and says DHEC will be at your store in hour and half when originally they weren't going to come until January 3rd. So Drew calls the store and tells everyone to get ready and we race back to Columbia.


DHEC was scheduled to be there at 5:15pm...Employee meeting was at 5. Everyone put their heads together to gear up for DHEC and guess what? WE PASSED! Now all we have to do is wait for the fire marshal to come on Monday.... :) THANK YOU JESUS!!!


Now, after everyone calmed down we gathered everyone on the patio, and Drew began his speech. Within the first 3 words he started tearing up. Tears started rolling down his face as he told each one of his employees how much he appreciated them. It was the sweetest speech ever. He told them how through God's blessings  we were able to raise money to help them through the holidays and that none of this would have been possible without the help of our community: Windsor Elementary and Shandon Baptist and of course with out the Grace of God. As I looked up while my husband was talking, I saw tears rolling down his employees faces. Tears of joy, tears of appreciation, tears of love.


I began passing out the beautiful containers of goodies and the Christmas cards and the hugs started coming. It was one of the best nights of my life. To be able to witness to those around me and to feel God's love around me. It felt so good to be a part of something so much bigger than me. God is SOOOO GREAT! And I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people around me!


I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to those who helped make tonight possible....


-WINDSOR ELEMENTARY!
-SHANDON BAPTIST!
-Brendon and Katie Sharpe!  (with the help of Ashley Easterly)!


Thank you for opening your hearts to the employees of Sonic. Thank you for being witnesses of God. And thank you for being so supportive and giving during this holiday season.


May God bless you always and I wish you all a very


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment